Thursday, July 19, 2012

Gallifrey Painting

This is a painting I did just a few weeks ago. Done in oil, using a wet-on-wet method. This involves layering the entire canvas with liquid black before other colors can be added. However, once you have liquid black, getting just about any amount of brightness is exceedingly difficult. I got around this problem by taping off the planet with painter's tape layered over itself and then cut circularly with a compass/knife. Once I was done with the background, I peeled off the tape, applied liquid white, and then painted the planet. I painted this with Gallifrey (planet of the Time Lords, Doctor Who) in mind, and as you can see, I added the name alongside it. This is about the best I can paint right now, so comments are welcome!




No comments:

Post a Comment